Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2014 08:00

Standby Light blinking

I have an mini tower OptiPlex 780, which was working fine and now when I connect it outlet the power (standby light (orange)) the light keeps blinking. My personal diagnostic is the power supply since any of the cooling fans are coming on nor the Power supply fan. I would appreciated any suggesting on this matter.

1.8K Posts

September 25th, 2014 04:00

Hi HXavier,

We can find the exact issue by referring to the status of Power LED along with the Diagnostic LEDs.

Let me know the status of the Diagnostics LED's 1234 that is located on the back/front panel of the case, so that we can determine the exact faulty component/s.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2014 08:00

The errors I am getting is 1 & 3. This give me a video error, but does not explain why there is not enough power to start the cooling fans at least.

1.8K Posts

September 29th, 2014 07:00

Hi HXavier,

Thank you for the update and apologize for the delay in responding to your request. Diagnostice LED's 1 & 3 with a blinking Power button indicates a possible system board, power supply, or peripheral failure.

The Power Supply, the motherboard or both needs to be replaced to fix the issue.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

No Events found!