bayoujoel
1 Copper

Re: Studio 1749 HDMI Connection to TV -- No Video on TV

Yes, thanks.  that was the first thing I did.  You set it up for "cloning".  I am pretty sure I have done everything one can do and that there is a problem with the Dell that the Dell "support" guy could not figure out.  He suggested I called the special Dell support numnber that provides support for a fee.  Wasn't that nice?  

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

So try something else, such as enabling the external display as primary or extended.

0 Kudos
bayoujoel
1 Copper

did that too

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Can you provide a screen shot? Here's mine:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mr9sand2s
1 Copper

I still have this problem. Anyone find a fix?

0 Kudos
mmiranda415
1 Copper

I have the same exact problem.  I have paid hardware support and my motherboard has been replaced three times.  Very unhappy.  I'm seeing other users post problem with USB and memory modules.  My memory modules have been replaced twice.  Dell always wants to argue.  I'm now having to reset my computer back to factory default settings twice now.  Good luck to you.  I'm never purchasing another Studio ever again. 

Matthew
Cotati, CA, US

0 Kudos
Keylimebreeze
1 Copper

If you are getting life from your HDMI cable, meaning your tv acknowledges activity from your laptop by long-pausing before saying no signal, going dim, or simply giving you a black screen (all dependent on the tv) then it's likely a Windows update pushed your graphic drivers out of date.

To try updating your drivers:

• Right click on your desktop and choose "Screen Resolution"
  • You should see a blue link in center-right "Advanced Settings"
  • Your graphic and media control panel should now be open.  Depending on which graphic card you have, (mine is Intel) the first tab open should be "Adapter".  Click the Properties button from this tab.
  • Another graphics properties panel should now be open and the tab you want to choose is "Driver"
  • From this tab, click update driver and choose the automatically find and install option (Will require internet connection)

If Windows finds an updated driver, your TV should immediately detect your computer after Windows instals it, however you'll still want to follow the recommended computer restart as you should any time you update your hardware drivers or software.

There isn't much other than messing with custom screen resolutions or breaking the HDMI cords or ports themselves that should keep your Dell model from connecting via plug-n-play.  If you've followed the manual, updated your driver, tested another HDMI cord or change your resolutions back to default suggested displays, and you're still not getting proper signal, I would consider upgrading your graphic card as it may be faulty.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Keylimebreeze
1 Copper

If your TV is truly connected to your 1749 (if used for the first time, you should see your desktop mirrored on the TV.  Sometimes, you may have right-click on your desktop and choose "Screen Resolution" and then "Detect"  

If that finds the TV, you can mess with the options from this control panel, Including choosing "Extend these displays" from the Multiple displays: drop down menu.  This will also allow you to set your 1749 and your Sharp TV to separate screen resolutions that are most optimal for you preference.  This also allows you to drag your DVD window over left, right or up to your TV display.

0 Kudos