Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2016 13:00

Studio xps 8000 NOT EVEN POWERING UP AT ALL

Like heading says. My comp of about 6-7 yrs is not cc turning on now.... about  3 weeks ago my wife told me comp was taking long time to boot up.  it had to be restarted several times to actually boot up... then it was the hard drive making high pitched sounds and spinning had to be restarted manually  and on screen the cursor was just blinking ...and wasn't able to get it to boot up   now I'm REALLY SCREWED cause  it ain't even powering up now.   SOMEONE HELP PLEASSE

• 

16.7K Posts

November 17th, 2016 08:00

Charliec66,

You will need to contact Dell Support for troubleshooting the issue.

The number to call is listed in the link below.

Dell Support Phone Numbers

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2016 10:00

Hard Drive is dead or dying.   Manufacturers only guarantee drives for 90 days to 5 years max.  

2 Posts

November 17th, 2016 11:00

Jesse L.

Well if. It is hard drive that is burnt is there a way to get data OFF OLD DRIVE or is it gone???

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 17th, 2016 12:00

Jesse L.

Well if. It is hard drive that is burnt is there a way to get data OFF OLD DRIVE or is it gone???

Charliec66

Depending on how damaged the hard drive is, try removing the failed hard drive and use an USB adaptor similar to THIS , then attach the hard drive to a USB port of a working computer and see if you can transfer the files and folders you need, to the computer.

Note: Only data files and folders can be transferred, any applications, utlities and programs, need to be reinstalled from their CD's, or downloaded from the publisher's website.

Bev. 

2 Posts

November 21st, 2016 13:00

Hello there! Do you have power when booting up, any lights, fans spinning?

No Events found!