Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2012 09:00

Sudden Black Out

Hello?

I am seeking for a wisdom regarding my Dell Studio Desktop. During last few days, my computer suddenly died (Black Out) few times. Everything worked fine until sudden black outs. Also, I discovered the buzzing noise from one of the fans this morning, and found that the buzzing noise came from the graphics card. I think the screen black out comes from the graphics card because of overheating. I am going to replace the graphics card but just wanted to double check if my idea is correct and fine to proceed. Thank you very much.

The PC specs are following,

Dell Studio Desktop Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor Q9400 (6MB L2, 2.66GHz, 1333FSB),

Genuine Windows 7 64-bit

Studio Mini-Tower

Memory 6GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4DIMMs

Video Cards nVidia GeForce GT 220, 1024MB <- thinking to get Nvidia GT 520 simply because it's cheap ;) and I have other computers for work.

1TB Hard Drive (OEM) + 2TB Hard Drive (Seagate)

July 11th, 2012 09:00

Hi henryk0,

Welcome to the community.

I would like to inform you that all Dell system come with hardware diagnostics and I would request you to run the diagnostics before replacing any parts.

Dell computers come with an inbuilt diagnostics which can test the hardware components in the computer system for any hardware issues. Please click on http://dell.to/oe1Qg1 (PSA Diags) or http://dell.to/mLUUiF (32 Bit Diags) for help in future. Also you can refer to the Web Article ID 266616 on our support website www.support.dell.com.

You can press F12 on the dell logo at startup and choose the diagnostics option.

You may be right about the graphics card and replacing it might solve the issue but try this test as it is very helpful in detecting hardware issues.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Thanks and Regards

DELL_Abhishek_ B

Dell Social Media Responder

You can reach us at: www.en.community.dell.com

No Events found!