Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2008 13:00

System restore

Hello. I am trying to restore the system to an earlier date and it only gives me today's date as an option. I need to restore it to before last Thursday. Thank you.

3 Posts

Sorry. It's a Dimension, DIM 4550, Windows XP home 2002, Pentium 4 cpu.

I use Goldwave to record voice tracks for my free-lance voice-over work. A couple of years ago, the playback was static-y and scratchy sounding. Someone told me to restore my system to an earlier date...I followed the instructions and it worked. The same thing happened last Thursday. I was in the middle of working, had recorded several files just fine and then suddenly all was scratchy. I tried to restore to another date, but the only date bolded on the calendar was that day. Thank you.

In order to get some help you will need to post the deatils of the computer you are running and operating system. As well as some details as to what lead you to the point of having to do a system restore.

Cheers

Col

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 17th, 2008 19:00

sianie1

Sorry, but with XP's system restore you can only restore to a displayed calendar date. A restore point cannot be created for a date prior to a displayed date.

Before downloading, etc, it's advisable to manually create a restore point.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

3 Posts

May 17th, 2008 19:00

Thanks. Now I know.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 17th, 2008 20:00

sianie1

You are welcome.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.
No Events found!