Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2017 10:00

T3600 - Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem.

Hi,

I just got a 2nd hand T3600, and installed Win 10 on it.

I left it running and it should have gone to sleep mode, but instead it crashed. I found the following error in the event log:

Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

Source: Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power)
Event ID: 34

I have the latest BIOS A14 (I think)
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=YXDF3&fileId=3405977809&osCode=WT64A&productCode=precision-t3600&languageCode=en&categoryId=BI

How can I find more information about this. Is the CPU failing? I have a warranty on the machine with the reseller.

CPU = Xeon E5-1650

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 29th, 2017 20:00

Did you install all the Win 10 drivers after loading Win 10, starting with the Power Manager followed by

chipset drivers, etc?

www.dell.com/.../advanced

3 Posts

April 30th, 2017 16:00

Hi, I did go to the page and used the 'guide me' option. That did install some drivers and the latest version of the BIOS.

I found a folder called 'Documents\Dell Downloads\' with 2 folders (names are guids/uuids)

In the first one:

* network_driver_nngmh_wn_18.1.0.0_a08

* storage-controller_driver_9f51r_wn_3.7.4.1004_a03

In the second one:

* storage-controller_driver_9f51r_wn_3.7.4.1004_a03

So the storage controller driver seems to be failing to install.

I now installed the Dell Command app and ran a check. That also reports that 'The system is up-to-date'

I also have another issue: when I boot the machine it often does not find my keyboard (old PS2 connector keyboard). After boot and initial Dell logo, I get a brief message 'Alert, keyboard not found' or alike. There is more text (to press some Fx keys) but it goes away so fast I haven't been able to read the text.

No Events found!