Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2015 20:00

T7400 Memory Riser Card POWER CABLE part numbers - JF806 & JF807

I'm looking to confirm that JF806 and JF807 will work in a T7400 tower and hopefully looking for the part numbers for the power cables to the riser cards. I have a graveyard of older P690's and T7400's and I'm trying to see what works and what needs recycling. I forget if these memory risers (JF806 & JF807) are for the P690 or the T7400. I've searched eBay and Googled a bit and have found nothing. 

I have found someone in the UK who appears to make the proper cables but that makes me nervous. I'd much rather buy the correct Dell part. 

Thanks!

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 18th, 2015 12:00

One of the riser cables is CR388 not sure if there are 2 or only 1 riser power cable.  Some say the 690 risers are NOT correct for the 7400.What I can say for sure is that there are 4 boards and 2 risers each facing the opposite way hense the 3 & 4 designation on some risers.

http://www.ascendtech.us/search.aspx?s=Precision+Memory+Riser

DELL F817F Precision 690 Workstation Memory Riser Card F817F F816F
Dell JF806 Precision 690 Memory Dimm Riser Expansion Board Card JF806 H9376 G9460
Dell Precision 690 Memory Riser Boards JF807 M9008
Dell TY853 Precision 690 Memory Riser Module TY853 NN378 NN383
Dell Precision 690 and T7400 Memory Riser 3 & 4 Board TY857

YMMV This is an educated guess.

ChrisM might verify this.

What you want is:

DELL CR388 ASSY,CBL,PWR,MEM,PWS,T7400

DELL Assembly,Shroud,Riser,Dozer T7400 YR128

T7400 Memory Riser Board F817F
T7400 Memory Riser Board G327F

Dell Precision WorkStation T7400 (FB DDR2-667MHz) Memory

The SLI BRIDGE IS Dell Part Number: MJ247 0MJ247 CN-0MJ247
Compatible Part Number:
180-10219-0000-A01
Compatible Models:
Dell Dimension XPS 600 Precision T7400 690 XPS 700 710 720  

JF806 and JF807 are bolted back to back and it appears to me that the riser power cable is only on one side just like on the T7400 risers.

Look at pic below.

The riser power cables are attached to the large P24 connector from the power supply, using a CN-0CR388 cable which splits it into another two memory riser connector cables. Also, the 7400 riser version has a different memory fan assembly.   Its not a simple just plug in risers and use it install.

Maximum Memory 128GB (with 4 Memory Risers)/64GB (standard)
Memory Slots 16 Sockets (4 Sockets (2 banks of 2) per Riser)/8 Sockets (4 banks of 2) (standard)
non-removable base memory 0MB

Machine name: Dell Precision WorkStation T7400
CPU options: Intel Xeon
Chipset: Intel 5400 Chipset
Memory Speed options: PC2-5300 DDR2-667 240pin Fully Buffered SDRAM DIMM

Special notes: FB-DIMM Memory Risers are installed in the first four standard memory sockets only. Additional standard memory sockets then become unusable.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 30th, 2015 19:00

The four memory riser cards are connected together in sets of two. Do not attempt to disconnect the memory riser cards from each other.  Each memory riser card is numbered in the upper left hand corner. These numbers indicate which DIMM slot on the system board each riser card must be inserted into. Only the DIMM_1-4 slots (the slots with the white securing clips) on the system board can be used with the riser cards. The other slots (DIMM_5-8) must be left vacant.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 25th, 2017 13:00

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=dell+cr388

Its there right now.  More than 10 available

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 14th, 2015 11:00

You might try contacting Dell Spare Parts. Have the Service Tag(s) handy...

Mon–Fri 7 a.m.–9 p.m. Central Time
Sat & Sun 8 a.m.–6 p.m. Central Time
1-800-357-3355

18 Posts

May 16th, 2015 11:00

Thanks Ron,

Unfortunately I did. That was the very first thing I did. When I spoke to Dell Spare Parts the gentleman on the phone said "To be frank this is a technical support question. I have no idea what the part numbers are which you are looking for." 

So then he dumped me back into the queue telling me I was being transferred to "technical support". After 20 minutes on hold I realized that he had transferred me into the Inspiration technical support queue. They were unable (or unwilling) to give me a direct phone number for the Precision Workstation group - but he said he was going to transferred me to the Precision Workstation group... after another 15 minutes of waiting on hold I ended up in the Optiplex tech support group... When that person tried to transfer me over to the Precision Workstation group the call dropped and I was hung up on (I think accidentally). 

I called back and started over asking specifically for the Precision Workstation technical support group and after another 45 minutes I got to someone in the right place. He asked me for the service tag number so I provided it to him also letting him know that the machine was old, out of warranty, and did not initially come from Dell with the memory riser cards, etc. He looked up the machine and confirmed that --and then said to me that he had no idea, all he could do is verify that JF806 and JF807 were listed as parts for the Precision T7400 Workstation and that they were out of stock --but that I'd have to talk to Dell Spare Parts for anything else. 

I asked him where I could get the part number for the power cables I needed and he stated that Dell Spare Parts would have it. So I hung up because I had already wasted two hours of my life that day. 

The power cables that I have were made by a third party company (in the UK) and one of the metal clips where the wire attaches pulled out. I just need to purchase two new power cables or at least know the correct part numbers to try to purchase from Dell or search for on eBay. 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 17th, 2015 16:00

Sorry to hear they weren't very helpful.

If your company has  an account rep and/or technical support rep, you might want to contact them directly...

1 Message

June 30th, 2015 14:00

Hi speedstep, you seem to know your stuff so I would like to pose a question.

I have been given a T7400 that initially did not work. The memory fitted is 16GB @ 8x2GB. The problem was that the memory was in the wrong sequence and now it runs a treat. I was also given 32GB of memory 8X4GB. Could I fit all of these into the computer using a riser or two and if yes how and which slots would I put them into. Also would I have to remove the fan that covers the memory slots?

I hope that this is not an inconvenience but I am enjoying fixing this up to use as my own PC, rather than works.

Thank you in advance and regards

Ginge880.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 30th, 2015 19:00

When all else fails, read the manual. :emotion-4:

Info about installing RAM and risers starts on page 172. You're going to have to install pairs matched in size, rank, and organization. Risers can only be installed in certain slots on the motherboard.

"Riser cards are connected together in sets of two. Do not attempt to disconnect the memory riser cards from each other. Each memory riser card is numbered in the upper left hand corner. These numbers indicate which DIMM slot on the system board each riser card must be inserted into..."

3 Posts

May 24th, 2017 12:00

Precisionjjs,

I know this is a very old thread, but I need 6 CR388 cables and they're in short supply around here (UK). Do you happen to have the contact of the guy who makes them? That would come handy.

Cheers,

Marco

43 Posts

July 1st, 2017 00:00

I too am looking for the CR388 cables.  Does someone know a craftsman?  Also, there is a power cable in the T7400 wiring bundle behind the floppy drives which will hookup one riser pair, but I don't know where to go for the other.  I think the fan is to be reinstalled in front of the screen and without the blue plastic frame it's mounted on.  There are 4 holes to match in the screen.

thanks,

Ray

3 Posts

September 25th, 2017 11:00

Can't believe I missed this auction. Do you guys know of any other place selling them?

No Events found!