Highlighted
PeterAntoniak
1 Copper

THe DVD Burner keeps rejecting blank disks

I am trying to burn some files and the DVD Burner keeps rejecting the blank disks.  I have tried up to 6 different clean from the box Memorex disks with only one success.

Formatted disks with data on them do read and I can burn CD's OK.

I have burned multiple DVD on this drive successfully in the past.

I ran the diagnostics and everything passed.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Pete

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: THe DVD Burner keeps rejecting blank disks

What model PC?  What Operating System ?

One general suggestion, uninstall the drive in the Device Manager and then restart the PC and the drive will be detected and reinstalled.  This fixes a lot of this type of problem.  If it doesn't fix it, repost on the CD/DVD section (where you should have posted initially).

To access the Device Manager, hold the Windows key down and press the Pause/Break key.  RIGHT click on the drive and then LEFT click on Uninstall.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
mombodog
6 Thallium

Exact same problem on my Vostro 200, it was picky at first, then after months it finally died completely on DVDs, CDs continued to work, Dell warrantied it for me.

I never ran the diagnostics until it failed completely to read any DVD, it failed the read test. Be sure a DVD with data on it is in the drive during the test.

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Iridium

In general Memorex media is junk.

0 Kudos