cowboycat
3 Argentium

Re: Tech support was great,now what happens?

I don't want to be rude to them,but in all honestly I have not heard anything. I have nent day service and was supose to have XPS north America support..

Alienware Aurora,black,17-975 OC 4.0,6gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz memory,saphire HD 5850 1gb DDR3 GPU,640gb HD,custom liquid cooling,875 watt psu,DVD/CD RW,BLUray,19&1 reader,window 7 64,AO9 bios

0 Kudos
Siobhra
2 Iron

I agree with NSDash9.  Don't wait for Dell to call you back.  Call them.  You don't have to be rude, just persistent.  I was polite, but I told them in no uncertain terms what I wanted, and what I thought was reasonable.  Keep on them, and you will hopefully get a response.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
cowboycat
3 Argentium

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I called dell Monday 1-11-2010 to get an update on the situation.Takled to tech support and she said that I was aproved for a new PC. I asked when someone would call me ,that it had been 6 days and no news. TS said it may take 7 to 10 days for someone to call me. Ts said I should here somthing in 24 to 48 hours for somthing offical.

Tuesday 1-12-2010 Fedex pulls up ,and I'm thinking whats this. They bring a Dell box to the door,and I make sure they have right address.I open the box and my first impression is "what is this tiny thing." I pull it out and open the case to find out what make it is. Bold and behold its a XPS 8000 refurbished computer. Confused and scratching my head,I look in side a see or don't see half the parts of my xps 710.

To make a long story short....I called TS and tell them I think I got the wrong PC. After talking to the TS guy (who is very nice and not rude ) we compare parts. 8000 specs i5-2.66,8 gb ram,gforce 260,1 TB HD and 1 optical drive.He seems this is better. I tell him in all honestly its not. My 710 has a raptor HD (10000 rpm ) sound blaster sound card,a 8800 gtx gpu,2 optical drives,750 watt poweer supply,and is capable of running dual video cards

After about 45 min. of talking to him.Him asking if anyone called and talked to me,recieved emails,or confirmed the specs of the 8000 I said I have not heard anything,this computer just shows up.

Anyways Dell has made another apointment on 1-18-2010 for someone to talk and confirm another replacement.

Alienware Aurora,black,17-975 OC 4.0,6gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz memory,saphire HD 5850 1gb DDR3 GPU,640gb HD,custom liquid cooling,875 watt psu,DVD/CD RW,BLUray,19&1 reader,window 7 64,AO9 bios

0 Kudos
NSDash9
2 Bronze

Sorry to hear of your situation.  Unless you are in absolutely no hurry, I would suggest that you call them back and tell them you want this handled NOW, not on the 18th.  This is just another stall tactic by Dell.  There is absolutely no reason they can't talk to you today and get this matter resolved.  I can tell you now that come the 18th you will never hear a word from them.  Then it will be that much longer before you get the matter resolved.  And keep in mind, with each passing day, that is one less day of warranty coverage you have remaining on your system. 

0 Kudos
Siobhra
2 Iron

Again, agreed.  The day in November 2009 that Dell support told me that MOBOs for my dead XPS600 were backordered until February 2010, I told them that  that was unacceptable and that, if they could not provide repairs to my system then I wanted a new system under my warranty.  They had to escalate my request to the "resolution team", and they said it would take a week before someone got back to me.  I gave them that one week.  When I got no callback after a week, I called them and insisted that the "resolution team" resolve my situation.  On that same call was where I spec'ed my new system.  Even so, it still took three more weeks in production from the date the new system was ordered till I had it up and running.  I told them that a refurb. was not acceptable, and that's when they offered me a new XPS9000.  The tech volunteered to work with me to spec the new system and that's how it went for me.  With all of that, I was still without a computer for a month. 

I have no idea what criteria the "resolution team" use to determine who gets what.  All I can tell you is what happened in my case.  Keep on them until you get what you feel is a fair and equitable solution to your situation.

0 Kudos
cowboycat
3 Argentium

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dell agreed on a alienware Aurora for replacement. I am happy about that. Now it's in the "production stage" since 1/28/2010. I will have to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Siobhra
2 Iron

Congrats Cowboycat!  I'm glad you finally got your situation taken care of...good luck with the Alienware system.

0 Kudos