Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2011 13:00

Techies help, please!!

Hi all, new to forums.  My issue is (long story short) after some issues I have a new video card ( 570hd) and re-installed vista 64bit.  I know that I need to use the resource CD and install the drivers in order.  After installing all up to NIC driver, I install broadcom 57XX....and I still have the yellow ! in device manager and am stuck.  I do not have the K1 card.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Thanks for your time!!!! 

System Specs.

XPS 730x / Vista 64bit

Intel i7-920

6GB DDR3

500GB HDD

EVGA GTX 570HD

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 25th, 2011 14:00

Did you install the Intel Motherboard Chipset drivers?  HERE

On a manual install, the chipset drivers MUST be installed BEFORE installing device drivers including the sound and ethernet. 

On a reinstall the correct and required sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Desktop or Laptop System Software (3) Install Motherboard Chipset Drivers (4) Install Device drivers including Video, Dell sound drivers, ethernet, etc. 

Usually, when the chipset drivers are skipped they can be installed, the PC restarted and any missing device drivers installed.  On a few isolated cases it will take a new/correct sequence install to get everything working.

3 Posts

October 25th, 2011 14:00

Thanks for the quick reply!  I did install that, if this helps, this is what I did:

1.Dell System Software

2.Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

3. vid. drivers

4. then the ethernet...  Broadcom 57XX Gigabyte Integrated Controller.

Also, noticed that the mass storage controller is ! in device manager as well.  

Thanks!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 25th, 2011 15:00

What is the error code?

3 Posts

October 25th, 2011 15:00

Now I just have the mass storage controller highlighted ! in the device manager.  Any ideas?

14.4K Posts

October 25th, 2011 17:00

right click on the ones with a bang next to them select properties and look for the PCI dev and vendor number  post that back

No Events found!