Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2008 20:00

Temperatures for CPU & GPU in nVidia System Monitor .... are they TOO HIGH?

I check the temperatures on my rig using nVidia System Monitor fairly often ... air seems pretty warm in back of computer but might be me .... I've taken it out from under my desk and have it up on a table with good air flow ... temperature of the room is at 70 degrees F constant (air conditioned).

CPU temps for all 4 cores start at ~50C and with a workload or gaming run up to ~65+C

GPU (video) temps for both cards start at ~65C and while gaming run up to ~72+C

Fans are on auto but ALWAYS reports Front CPU Fan and CPU pump at 100%

Front temp, Rear temp, Internal Temp, and ESA Board Temp are usually around ~30C

QUESTION: Are all these within normal operating standards?

If NOT any suggestions as to changes or adjustments 

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

----- XPS 730 H2C -----

X9650 overclocked to 3.67 mhz at factory

4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR overclocked to 1600 mhz at factory

TWO 9800gx2 video cards running in quad sli mode

THREE 160 gb (10k speed) hard drives .... 2 in Raid 0 config

Windows Vista 32 bit (SP 1 updated)

X-Fi Extreme Gamer sound card

TWO CD/DVD ROM Drives

127 Posts

August 15th, 2008 13:00

I have similar concerns on my 720H2C. (Not sure where normal and max are, put simply.) To be safe, I manually crank the GPU fans to 65/70% while gaming, as the "automatic fan control" for the GPU doesn't seem to ever crank up above 29%. I have noticed artifacting and streaking while gaming on the automatic settings. I've never really gotten a straight up answer on where the max is...

While Browsing: cores are in the 32C area, GPUs are in the 60C area

While Gaming: cores are in the 50C area, GPUs are in the 70C area

So, to echo the OP:

QUESTION: Are all these within normal operating standards?

Message Edited by Raelf on 08-15-2008 09:23 AM

14.4K Posts

August 15th, 2008 14:00

Raelf

for your system those are very good temps. The QX6850 runs a tad bit hotter than a Q6600 which mine goes to 45 while gaming. There have been others post temp for your processor and you are right in line with the normal range.

You gpu temps are fine. Especiall with 2 880gt. These cards normally run a bit hotter than the rest of the 8800 series but temps in the 70 area on full use if very good.

17 Posts

August 19th, 2008 04:00

Those temps look really good....pretty much what mine runs at now aftel Dell techs replaced my CPU and H2C Cooling unit.  Before that, my temps were mugh higher than yours.

No Events found!