Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2015 06:00

Three monitors on a Del Optiplex 7010

Hi,

I am trying to setup three monitors on my Dell Optiplex 7010. I have the integrated graphics with thee ports (2xDisplayPort, 1xVGA) and a PCI graphics card with two ports (1xDVI, 1xDisplayPort).

The three monitors I have are 2xDVI output, 1x VGA output.

I have been using some converters to get my monitors cables to converto to DisplayPort to connect them to the display Ports on the PC.

The two DisplayPort monitors are working fine using the integrated graphics but the VGA is not. I have been told that this is because of the converters I am using.

I have tried multiple different combinations to get this to work with no luck :(.

Could anyone suggest how I could get this to work or what graphics card i would be able to buy to get this to work?

Thanks,

Boldonglen

2 Posts

June 25th, 2015 10:00

Hi Shawn,

I have been in contact with one of your technical guys and we went through some diagnostic checks to see why I could not get both the integrated graphics and the dedicated graphics card to work. We finally found a solution. Because I am using Windows 8.1 I needed to update my BIOS using this link. Once I updated my BIOS I went into the BIOS and checked the multi-display checkbox. Once this had been done and I restarted my PC I was able to connect monitors to both the internal and dedicated graphics cards and they are all working.

Hope this helps someone out.

Regards,

Glen Robson

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

June 25th, 2015 09:00

Hi Boldonglen,

Thanks for the post! You should be able to use the systems build in Intel Video to push 3 external displays from the 7010, I’ve included a link to our guide that explains the set up process below. Note, this is specific to systems shipped with i5 or i7 processors and monitors that are capable of receiving a direct Display port input or with the use of an Active Dual-Link DisplayPort to DVI Adapters (Dell Part Number XT625/R478G).

(edited)

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

June 25th, 2015 11:00

That's great news Glen. Appreciate you sharing your solution! 

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2016 18:00

I also have a Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF but my system has the integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500. I am connecting two of my monitors with the DisplayPort cable (no adapters or converters) and my third monitor with the VGA cable. Windows 7 does see all three monitors but it does not allow all three to be used at once. I can choose only two monitors out of the three. So if the Intel HD 2500 is not able to use all three monitors at once, which graphics card should I purchased so I can use all three monitors?

No Events found!