Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2014 06:00

Transfer Data from a Flash Drive to my HD

KI just bought this yesterday and Windows8 is totally unlike my Vista

I saved all my files on a recoverable device - flash drive - and have it recognized by my system.

I want to copy those files to my PC and am having problems. When I use the Send To function, it only shows me Documents and not the actual sections on the HD.

Example - Favorites I want to send to a Favorites file

Music and Photos and desktop are others.

What do I go?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 12th, 2014 09:00

You need to create a shortcuts on the desktop.

By default the desktop is blank and has NO ICONS.

Windows key   D

Run Explorer.exe from

Windoze Key  R and type explorer.exe into it and press enter.

You need to Install Classic Shell from SOURCEFORGE not malware sites and tell it to do everything like windows 7.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/

16 Posts

December 13th, 2014 06:00

Well I solved the music proberm simply by by downloading RealPlayer and importing all my music files to it.

My next problem is importing my pictures. I downloaded Picasa and it will clearly show all my pictures on the flash drive. I have used the import function twice and it says it uploaded the files - but I can't find them on the system!

Is there another way to do this without individually copying and pasting each picture to Picasa?

16 Posts

December 14th, 2014 20:00

Oops!
When I tried to play music in RealPlayerCloud I was told it was "unavailable"

Pictured transferred fine. Why won't the music do so?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 15th, 2014 04:00

This is not Dell software and not supported here.

23 Posts

December 15th, 2014 04:00

Are you not able to just look at the Flash device to see files in the explorer win explorer not IE. At that point just copy and past the files you want and paste to the folders you wish?

16 Posts

December 15th, 2014 05:00

Yes, the files are there. I will try to see if I can play them while they're on the flash drive.

I have a bunch of CDs,m to include original albums. Now all I  need to do is see if they will burn to my pc somewhere.

I'll keep trying until I beat this!

And yes - I still prefer the classic shell. sorry about that. didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

No Events found!