Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2017 16:00

Trying to use headphones and a PS4 mic for the computer but it's making me use the earbuds as a mic and not the built in microphone.

Every time I try to use either headphones with a mic or my PS4 default mic, I have no problems connecting it to my computer and setting it up. My only problem is that my PC is making me use the earbud part of the headphones as the microphone. It has a microphone built in the wire, I don't know why it's making me use the ear phones as a mic. The microphone does not work either if you try to speak into it, only the earbud as I've said before, and it's only one of the earbuds, not both. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

9.4K Posts

August 29th, 2017 08:00

Hi nocapsnospace,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry your computer is not working as expected.  Please post the model and OS you are running so that the experts here can assist you better.  Thanks.

August 29th, 2017 10:00

Hi, it's a Dell XPS Desktop i7, was originally Windows 7 but was updated to Windows 10.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 29th, 2017 12:00

The PS4 uses a single plug just like Iphone and Ipad do.

Neither Sony nor Dell support using this on a PC.

The AFUNTA HEADSET has conversion cables to accommodate this.

With Tiny Plug for PS4 and Iphone TRRS then a Y cable to Green Headphones and Red Mic for PC.

https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Mobilephones-Function-Headphones-AFUNTA/dp/B0188DEZAG/

2.3K Posts

August 29th, 2017 12:00

Hmm.. does the computer have 2 ports, one for mic and one for headphone?  If I remember correctly the PS4 default combo uses only one cable which may be the problem.  

2.3K Posts

August 29th, 2017 13:00

Is there a separate connector you can just buy cheap to allow for his headphones to work?  I don't remember but I thought there was a Y connector that would do the trick without buying new headphones?  My access is limited or i'd check lol.

No Events found!