Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2012 06:00

Two Old Dells....What to do with them? Music producer maybe?

I have two old Dell Computers

one has a Pentumn 4 Processor and 324 Gs of space total, but I only have 125g's left, but I  can wipe it and  make it blank. 

I have another one with 50gs total and 20 gs left, and it has a Intel processor, low grade.

I want to make a decent computer for beats, have it dual screen, and nicely running! Any ideas? 

I also want to download FL studio to it and really start to make music! Thanks!!!! 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 9th, 2012 07:00

Too old, Too small, Logic Pro runs on Mac's.

System requirements

2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support. The faster your CPU and more cores it has the more you will be able to do simultaneously. Download and test the demo!

Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000 (32 & 64 Bit)

(or) Intel Mac with Boot Camp (running XP, Vista or Windows 7, 32 or 64 Bit)

1 Gb or more RAM recommended

1 Gb free disk space

Soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO/ASIO2 compatible required for audio recording (FL Studio installs with generic ASIO4ALL drivers)

USB Audio downloads:

EIE Pro

24-bit Electromusic Interface Expander

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 9th, 2012 09:00

From your limited description, I would agree with Speedstep.  FL Studio needs more than that to run properly.  I have a recording studio with Sonar X1 and Pro Tools MP9.  

1 Message

October 27th, 2013 00:00

Fl is a massive program, what matters most is the processor. Get a good processor with more than 2 cores. Most people in the music industry choose Mac for this reason. However, the problem there is you won't be able to send and receive mp3s as well and you will end up purchasing everything. I run an Alienware 17. If you want portable and music production you are gonna spend for it. I love my laptop. Worth every penny. I also run a ssd for performance only and use the 750 gig for storage. Memory is the second most important part for music production. Go as big as you can afford with the memory, bigger workspace helps for multiplayer tracks. Finally a great sound card. So, if you want a PC start by looking at gaming computers. Alienware is fantastic. I have a friend who uses an older xps and does well. for laptops Mac owns the music industry but I think ios7 will change that. that minimum requirement, get as far ahead of that as possible. When you start recording you'll see why. Things Live reverb, acoustic instrument synthesizers and Daley effects will eat that memory up and challenge your processor. 

Also, get a copy of Magix music maker, it will keep you motivated while your learning FL. Good luck

No Events found!