Highlighted
bui.kevin
1 Copper

Type of graphic card inside Dell XPS 8910 Special Edition

Jump to solution

I had been transferring around 4 times trying to find the answer why my graphic card which I ordered a long with my Dell XPS 8910 Special Edition:

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Memory

There is no LABEL on the graphic card, none of the Dell preventives was able to give me an answer, they kept transferring me around and around.

I gave them an example : if you brought a SAMSUNG cell phone, your cell phone will have a SAMSUNG LOGO on it, right?

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Memory, does it deserve to have it owns brand name logo on it too?

Does anyone know why there is no LABEL ON IT? Since none of dell preventives or tech support weren't able to give me an answer.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Type of graphic card inside Dell XPS 8910 Special Edition

Jump to solution

Dell uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) hardware. All of our vendors make customized hardware for us and others.

For example, the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 could be different than the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 or the ASUS GeForce GTX 1080. Nvidia has a base design that is then changed per the buyers (Dell, EVGA, MSI, ASUS) instructons. Although the labeling, shroud, clock speeds, fan configuration, could be different, it is still a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080.

The XPS 8910 and the Alienware Aurora-R5 sell with one of the following GeForce GTX 1080 (based on what is in stock) =

RTYN6 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

XHY8P MSI GeForce GTX 1080

Both have identical specifications (clocks, vram, ports) so are inline with the sales page notation of selling a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 video card =
PCIe x16 3.0
8GB GDDR5X 1733MHz
Clock 1607MHz
Dual Slot
180w
DVI-I DL/HDMI 2.0/DP 1.4/DP 1.4/DP 1.4

7 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Open device manager, display adapters to see what is installed. See pictures on this site--

www.trustedreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review

0 Kudos
Robert Willis
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Not sure if they will tell you who manufactured the card since it is a "OEM" version. Going to device manager may provide you with some insight.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

The card is very likely from Foxconn, which also makes the mainboards for these systems (among other components).  Just as you won't necessarily see a name other than "GM" on the radiator inside your Chevy, you won't necessarily see another name on the video card of  a pre-built system -- they're made specifically for Dell.  There is no retail equivalent for many of the parts supplied to system vendors by the original design manufacturer.

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Delco made the Radiator in the liquid cooled designs for dell. Like the 7910.

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/videos~en/documents~esupport-r7910-liquid-cooling-en-v1.aspx

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Dell uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) hardware. All of our vendors make customized hardware for us and others.

For example, the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 could be different than the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 or the ASUS GeForce GTX 1080. Nvidia has a base design that is then changed per the buyers (Dell, EVGA, MSI, ASUS) instructons. Although the labeling, shroud, clock speeds, fan configuration, could be different, it is still a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080.

The XPS 8910 and the Alienware Aurora-R5 sell with one of the following GeForce GTX 1080 (based on what is in stock) =

RTYN6 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

XHY8P MSI GeForce GTX 1080

Both have identical specifications (clocks, vram, ports) so are inline with the sales page notation of selling a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 video card =
PCIe x16 3.0
8GB GDDR5X 1733MHz
Clock 1607MHz
Dual Slot
180w
DVI-I DL/HDMI 2.0/DP 1.4/DP 1.4/DP 1.4

irubio114
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So if I buy another box 1080 but from nvidia it wouldn't cause an issue running both on my system??

0 Kudos
marctronixx
2 Iron

Jump to solution

No. The 8910 will use other cards from other companies. I have an ASUS card in the 8910 as we speak!

0 Kudos