Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2015 23:00

U2715H Dead Pixels bright pixels

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but want to tell you my story with my new U2715H that was given to me last night for a present. Being very excited, I set it up with no hesitation and when I turned on the PC I thought the monitor looked amazing. Did a few more tests like video/games thought It was very good, until the screen went black in a game in which I noticed three dead/hot pixels. I turned the monitor off then on, disconnected it completely and still the same issue.

I am so disappointed as I thought that this would never happen to me. I have contacted Dell and hopefully they will send me a replacement after they have conducted their investigation. This is the first Dell monitor that I have ever purchased and I was a bit reluctant to buy it as I have heard all the QC issues Dell have. Hopefully the next monitor will be ok.

Has anyone else had any issues with their monitors with regards to dead pixels and if so how was the replacement?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 26th, 2015 11:00

* Disconnect all cables from the monitor including the power cable
* Press the monitor power button in for 10 seconds
* Reconnect only the power cable
* Press the power button. Do any of the images below appear? Do you see the stuck pixels?

March 27th, 2015 04:00

Hi Chris,

I tried that nothing came up except the miniDP moving window. none of those windows showed.

The pixels are still visible. its ok im getting a replacement monitor on Monday, finders crossed it wont have any issues.

No Events found!