Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2006 15:00

USB Root not there / Unknon device

My USB was working on my latitiude c640.  I tried installing / using an external Seagate 160M hard and could not get the device to be recognised even though my memoery key and usb camera worked fine.  I unistalled the usb root and the intel host controller and rebooted.  Now nothing works in the usb.  In device manager the host controller is reinstalled, but not the root hub.  There is an unknown device that when I try to install, the driver is not found.  I have downloaded and installed all of the suggested fixes I found on this fourm.  The computer came with XP pre-loaded and the only XP CD I have is for a complete restore, so I cannot try the XP fix that was suggested on this forum.  Any ideas????

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 5th, 2006 16:00

You would be better off posting your Latitude queston in the Latitude General Hardware section of the forum.  This is the Dimension Desktop section. 

The only suggestion I can make is to use the Windows XP  "System Restore" function and restore your PC to a date/time when the USB did work or before you uninstalled it. 

No Events found!