In my system management, I consistently find an entry for an unknown device.
Apparently it has no drivers installed for, it has no name and automated driver updates don't find anything.
At the properties I find PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_05B71028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0, being the path.
It does say on the other hand it has a driver installed called "oem37.inf".
I have an XPS 8700 with W 8.1 64bit.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would suggest you to install all the drivers once again in the system in correct order. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the necessary drivers listed under appropriate section onto the system and install it.
Refer to the link below to install drivers in correct order for issue resolution.
Please let me know if this helps.
Its an Intel Device probably one of the Chipset Drivers.
Make sure you have both:
Intel Chipset Installation Utility: http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01698423M/1/XPS-8700_Chipset_Driver_V2D47_WN_18.104.22.1681_A00.EXE
installed. As mentioned these should be the first drivers installed.
I tried your answer first because the other answer would imply installing all drivers again, your answer but two...
With the two Intel-drivers renewed, the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks to you both for good and quick answers.