dpbowman
1 Copper

RE: Updated XPS 18 BIOS to A06, won't charge in cradle

Jump to solution

Now my Dell XPS 18 has started doing the same thing.  When loaded on the stand, the stand light indicator lights up and the tablet battery icon shows it is connected, but it says "plugged in, but not charging".  When I plug the cord directly into the tablet, it works fine.  Any news?

0 Kudos
dclwarren
1 Copper

Jump to solution

UPDATE! Dell had to come out to fix it.. Tried up change out stand, then replace pronged part on bottom of computer that charges with stand, but didn't fix. Ended up changing out the motherboard. Works fine now.

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Heard from my Dell tech contact that the issues causing the XPS 18 not to charge in the dock/stand or not charging when plugged in directly have been identified.

Dell Knowledge Base articles have requested to describe these 2 issues and how they can be fixed. Don't have ETA for the KB articles, but I'll try to post links to them as soon as I can.

Hope this gives you some encouragement that help should be coming...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
Daniel C 999
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue for me. Loaded on stand, light on, but icon states " xy% available (plugged in, not charging)." Battery charges when plugged in directly. 

This seemed to occur after computer prompted me to extend battery life by not having battery charged to 100% each time I turned of the computer, so I opted for recharge only if battery below 50% capacity.

0 Kudos
Jersey35
1 Copper

Jump to solution

any update?  my xps shows plugged in, not charging in base and plugged direct.  Just started happening.

0 Kudos
yaser12345
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue with my dell xps18 stand. just today my dell xps 18 wont charge from the stand even though the charging signal appears on the bottom but it says plugged in but not charging, then when i plug the charger directly yo the tablet/desktop it starts to work. can someone help please.

RoHe
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue with my dell xps18 stand. just today my dell xps 18 wont charge from the stand even though the charging signal appears on the bottom but it says plugged in but not charging, then when i plug the charger directly yo the tablet/desktop it starts to work. can someone help please.

If you're still under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support right away...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
dpbowman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  I don't understand why, but the fix for me was replacing the power supply cable.

0 Kudos
dpbowman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Including the black power supply thingee.

0 Kudos
spencerplachy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

yaser12345,

I am experiencing the exact same issue that you describe here. Were you ever able to find a solution?

0 Kudos