Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2017 11:00

Upgrade GPU for 3 Monitors

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost, I am a novice to the computer world and I am in need of your technical advice and guidance.

I own a DELL All-in-One Touch Screen Desktop, Inspiron 2350, which contains a Intel HD Graphics 4600.  I have one (1) extended monitor (Dell U2414Hb) connected via the HDMI Out.  I am interested in connecting a third (3rd) monitor in extended mode.  The desktop base only has the following ports available: 1-HDMI IN; and four (4) USBs. 

I am interested in the possibility of upgrading the GPU to accommodate three (3) monitors. GPU selection and guidance is greatly appreciated;  or any other alternative that may present it self.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 11th, 2017 13:00

I do not think that this is possible. Even if there were room, the motherboards do not have slot for a video card to be added. The video GPU is "part" of the motherboard. Even if you changed the motherboard to the one with the Radeon HD 8690, it would not add video out ports to the chassis. Perhaps they exist, but I cannot find an external GPU expansion that utilizes HDMI in.

1 Message

July 11th, 2017 13:00

Unfortunately the All-in-ones aren't very customizable and this is one of the examples of said downsides.

2 Posts

July 11th, 2017 16:00

Thank for your insight.  I am impressed with the overall configuration and function of the unit. One more screen would make my multi-tasking world just a little easier...  Something to consider in the next product design. Cheers, M

No Events found!