Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit Edition

Intel Video R231304

Conexant R139937, R177997 & R231304

Thanks for clarifying the Realtec Audio driver link.  I also noticed that the R231304 driver is listed for both the Intel Video and Conexant drivers. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Sorry I made a mistake.

Its R231304 for the Intel driver.

Its R204990, R139937 & R177997 for the Conexant driver.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out what will work and what will need to removed or updated. Just get the drivers that are indicated by the Advisor. Very few should be needed since Win 7 has most drivers. BTW, even if you install the 32 bit version--which is fine for 4 GB--you need to do a clean install. Vista has too many bugs to install win 7 as an upgrade. You can use the upgrade disk, but you must follow the directions for a Custom install with format here-- windows.microsoft.com/.../Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7 Do not format or remove vista before you boot to the install disk and choose Custom installation. The Custom install will check for eligibility, partition the disk and install Win 7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Indium

Mary, I upgraded my Vista x64 Ultimate to Windows 7 and the upgrade went off without a hitch. And, in the event of a clean install, there should be no need to reformat the disk unless more partitions are needed, as Windows 7 will automatically archive the old operating system into separate folders.

Vista may have been buggy in its early days, but it has since become stable.

As for a clean install of 7 64-bit, most drivers should be present on the install disc.

0 Kudos