Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2013 15:00

Upgraded to Win7 - Now Can't Print

Hi

I recently upgraded the OS on my Inspiron 530 from Vista to Windows 7.  Almost everything seems OK since the upgrade, except that I cannot print.

Documents sit in the print queue with the status "printing" but they don't print.  If I go to control panel/hardware/printers, the print icon has a yellow exclamation mark against it.  I ran the troubleshooter but all it said was that it could not identify the problem.

The printer is a Dell 926 All in One.

Any useful advice?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 17th, 2013 16:00

Hi Watchspring1,

Uninstalling and re-Installing the drivers in the prescribed manner and starting the services necessary for the printer application could resolve the problem.

Follow the below steps to reinstall the printer drivers in prescribed manner.

Please disconnect the USB cable that runs from the printer to the computer and uninstall the printer driver by using uninstaller software. Here is a link to download one.

http://bit.ly/VZKmEa

Install the software and uninstall the printer driver using the Advanced Uninstall option from the software. It is third party uninstaller software used to uninstall the drivers/programs from the computer.

The software prompts asking you to delete the Registry keys corresponding to the printer driver. Select all and delete them. Restart the computer to remove any traces of the printer software.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.

2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Insert the printer driver’s cd for AIO 926 printer and install the drivers in the computer.

If you do not have a cd use the following steps to download the printer drivers.

Download the printer driver from the link: http://dell.to/1i0aHsr

NOTE: Please do not connect the printer using the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the drivers.

1. Click the above link and select the operating system of your computer from the list.
  2. Select the driver listed and click Download file.
  3. Save the file to the desktop.
  4. Double-Click on the downloaded file.
  5. Click “Yes”, when the utility prompts to extract the files.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  7. Connect the printer using the USB cable when prompted.
  8. Try to print.

Please post the results.

October 17th, 2013 18:00

Thanks - that's sorted out the problem.

No Events found!