Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2013 02:00

Using Intel HD4000 on XPS 8500

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 8500. My graphic board is a AMD Radeon HD 7570, and my CPU is an Intel Core i7-3770. This CPU embedds a graphic chipset, Intel HD4000. I would like to use these hardware resources to do hardware-accelerated video decoding/encoding. To do this, I have a software application which uses Intel's Framework (Intel Media SDK).

However, this application can't access to HD4000 resources. Intel support told me that the framework can access HD 4000 resources even if it is not the active graphic adapter as soon as it is configured as secondary adapter in the bios. I did not see the HD4000 as secondary adapter in the system control panel, and I did not see any option to activate the HD4000 as secondary adapter in the bios.

Do I have any solution to make this adapter available to my application ?

Thank you

April 19th, 2013 02:00

Hi bzkl,

In order to use the onboard video graphics, you need to remove the AMD 7570 Video card out of your computer. And install the latest drivers for Intel from Dell Drivers and download website. Your display quality might reduce if you use the onboard video instead of the advanced graphics card

1.5K Posts

April 19th, 2013 03:00

Hi bzkl,

The only settings available in BIOS to activate Integrated Intel graphics is for multi display. You may follow the steps below:

• Enter system BIOS
  • Go to ‘Advanced’
  • Go to ‘Onboard Device Configuration’
  • Go to ‘Intel Multi Display’ and enable it.
  • Press to ‘Save Changes and Exit’

You may be able to run the software with Intel framework after applying the above changes.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the findings. 

No Events found!