Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2009 22:00

Video Card for Studio Xps 435mt

I bought a 435mt from the outlet store back in January and i am now thinking about getting a new video card and at best buy i found an Ati Radeon 4850 1GB graphics card and i wasn't sure if it would work. I was wondering if i should get that or the 512MG version that dell you can have dell put in a new system?

Heres a link to the Best Buy Page:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9402719&type=product&id=1218099648165

Thanks Aaron Frankum

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 29th, 2009 06:00

I have an HD4850 (but not in a Dell).  The only difference between the two, that I can find, is amout of RAM on the card.

36 Posts

July 29th, 2009 07:00

Aaron,

One mans opinion on your question. The MT series is a small box and from my research,  the 4850's run quite warm. I would attempt to channel the heat out of the box with a two slot card directing the heat out of the box if that is possible in your situation. I recently ordered the stock T series with the 4350 and upgraded to the HIS 4850QT512P which is a nice upgrade over the 4350 series. This particular card has excellent reviews and at the moment, has a reduced pricing on Negg until 7/31. have no affiliation with the company in any way, except a satisfied customer throughout their business cycle. Generally there are much better prices and selections there with prompt and professional customer attention. Just trying to save you a buck and provide some feedback to your question.

1.7K Posts

July 29th, 2009 08:00

Any retail card will be different than what Dell puts in the system as stated here by Chris M. of Dell when someone stated there was no difference as shown below.  Basically, the clock speeds are lowered so they do not use as much power as the retail cards whether you are looking at getting a 512MB or 1GB.  Therefore, a retail 4850 may be too much for your 360W power supply.

Re: Studio XPS 435MT and the Dell ATI Radeon 4850 PoorPoorFairFairAverageAverageGoodGoodExcellentExcellent

19 Apr 2009 01:00AM

And there's really no difference between a retail card and what Dell supplies with the system.
* FYI - We do re-flash the video card bios to bring the GPU and VRAM clocks to our specifications. Just like EVGA would have different settings than MSI.

No Events found!