4 Ruthenium

Video Driver Error Message.

I was watching a Video on YouTube and the picture froze for a bit. Down in the tray area was a brief error message about a video driver problem. Is there a good and legitimate site to go to make sure my system has all the current and correct drivers. I say legitimate as compared to the little message that pops up on many sites urging me to update my Vista drivers (Recommened) which I politely decline..

Might this also show a problem with the video card? I remember getting a similar message while in Flight Simulator, but a Dell Diagnostic didn't reveal any problems. This computer is an XPS-420 running Vista and is about five years old. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro. 3.0 GB Ram, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.40 Ghz. Thanks for any advice.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

RE: Video Driver Error Message.

Any idea where I can get some help on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

actually, u can get/update video driver here in the support driver section.

pls try to update driver.

Thart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

All cards Below HD5XXX cannot use the latest and greatest driver EVER.

They are EOL Legacy and do not support Directx 11.

Package contains the following graphics drivers and dependent/required software for the products specified in the current version's official release notes for the 32 bit version of Windows Vista and Windows 7:
                     Display Driver ver. 8.97.100.11
                     OpenCL(tm) Driver 10.0.937.2
                     Catalyst Control Center 2013.0429.2312.39747

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2032

64 Bit version

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

uninstall any version of flash and download chrome stand alone and youtube will stop being a problem.

use this installer: Alternate installer for all user accounts »

For Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP 32-bit

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos