Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2013 10:00

Video Problems after installing Power Nap on Windows7

I am rebuilding my computer (XPS 400) after a hard drive failure, installed OS, (Windows 7), and other programs without issue. I have a relatively new U2312HM monitor, (about a year old), Installed drivers and Power Nap software from disk, now the monitor randomly disconnects and connects again while working on the computer. This is not a screen saver issue, it happens when I am active on the computer. Then it would go blank and not come back on no matter what I did with the mouse or keyboard. I have had to do a hard shut down. Computer boots up and all is fine, then it starts over again. Monitor is functioning okay, press menu buttons, get message not getting input from computer. I have a NVIDIA G-Force 6800 video card (original to computer)

Of note, I uninstalled power nap without any difference, also I am not running any graphics demanding programs. I suspect my graphics card is going....anyone have any thoughts?

Computer specs XPS 400, CPU speed 3.0 Ghz, 4.0 GB RAM

According my computer specs, what card would be appropriate should I need to replace it?

22 Posts

August 19th, 2013 19:00

No, the top of the window is blanked out, if I would like to send an image of the window. How can I do this?

August 20th, 2013 14:00

Hi wla57,

As you have mentioned earlier that the issue occurs only when you click on a link in your email and not otherwise, the issue seems to be with the default windows size that opens upon clicking the link.

Pressing the F11 key will show the browser in the full screen view and you will have to take the cursor to the right hand top corner to get the options for minimize, maximize or close the window.

Below is the screenshot on how to attach files or images. To reply click on 'Use rich formatting':

Once you click on the icon, a window will open. Click on 'Browse' to browse the image. Once the file is uploaded, click on 'Insert':

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

22 Posts

August 20th, 2013 18:00

Okay, here is the image of IE 10 window after clicking a link in the email. You'll notice the wallpaper around the window. The window opens not maximized, which is fine, but the top is of the window is not visible. Now here is another interesting fact, now bear in mind this is Office 2003 I'm running with IE 10 for Windows 7 on my Dell desktop.

Now I have the same version of Office 2003 and IE 10 for Windows 7 on my laptop, (which is a Toshiba Satellite). I checked to see if the problem occurs on my laptop and it does.

So it looks as though there is a compatibility issue with IE 10 and Office 2003.

Before my hard drive failed I was running windows XP with IE 8. No issues.

Anyway here is the image of the window.

Looks like a visit to the Microsoft IE 10 forums is in order or an upgrade of Microsoft Office.

August 23rd, 2013 16:00

Hi wla57,

Thank you for providing the image of the browser window for better understanding.

Yes, the issue is not with the window stretched and seems to be compatibility issue as the results are same on another laptop as well.

You may try to change the browser mode for the IE window to see if that helps.

Press and in the window that opens at the bottom of the page, click ‘Browser Mode’ to change the settings.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.   

22 Posts

August 23rd, 2013 21:00

Tried changing the browser mode. No change. It may help to note that this only occurs whine clicking on the email link when the browser is closed. When IE is already running, the issue does not occur. Also, I think the problem surfaced after a large windows automatic update recently. I'll just have to live with it until Microsoft discovers the bug or upgrade outlook. Of note: I am running office 2007 at my work with IE 10 for windows 7. No issues there. So it seems to be a Office 2003 thing, and from what I understand, Microsoft is discontinuing support for 2003 in the near future.

22 Posts

August 26th, 2013 18:00

Yes I will post on a Microsoft forum. I perform a work around to the problem by opening a browser FIRST then click on email links. The issue does not occur when I do this. Thanks for all your time and help!

August 28th, 2013 18:00

Hi wla57,

I will also be researching more on this issue to find a resolution.

I will also request you to share the resolution, if you are able to find a possible resolution for this issue.

Keep me posted with any updates.

No Events found!