wla57
1 Copper

Re: Video Problems after installing Power Nap on Windows7

Jump to solution

Now another issue, but I think I know the cause, when I open an email link in Outlook 2003, the browser window (IE 10) gets cut off at the top, with the close, minimize and maximize buttons missing. It may be compatibility issue with Outlook 2003

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi wla57,

Do you face the issue only while opening a link from the Outlook to a browser or other windows are also exceeding the screen size?

You may try a different browser to see if that works fine.

You may reset the Internet explorer. Refer to the link below for the steps.

http://bit.ly/ry0f

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards
Kuldeep M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
wla57
1 Copper

Jump to solution
It's only when I click on a link in the email. The window in IE is not maximized. The top part of the browsers window is not visible. I did not try another browser. I will try the fix also and update you.
0 Kudos
wla57
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So it does it also with another browser as well, but not as drastic. However, note this, if any browser is open at the time and I click the link from the email in outlook the issue does not occur. It only happens when no browsers are running or open. Also resetting IE didn't do anything, I didn't expect it would, since I did not customize it, since I have rebuilding my computer following a hard drive replacement and every program I have been installing have been clean installs.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi wla57,

It seems that the browser window that opens by default upon clicking the link is stretched.

Press the F11 key to resize the browser window if you are unable to see the close, minimize options.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Kuldeep M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

0 Kudos
wla57
1 Copper

Jump to solution

No, the top of the window is blanked out, if I would like to send an image of the window. How can I do this?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi wla57,

As you have mentioned earlier that the issue occurs only when you click on a link in your email and not otherwise, the issue seems to be with the default windows size that opens upon clicking the link.

Pressing the F11 key will show the browser in the full screen view and you will have to take the cursor to the right hand top corner to get the options for minimize, maximize or close the window.

Below is the screenshot on how to attach files or images. To reply click on 'Use rich formatting':

Once you click on the icon, a window will open. Click on 'Browse' to browse the image. Once the file is uploaded, click on 'Insert':

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards
Kuldeep M
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
wla57
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Okay, here is the image of IE 10 window after clicking a link in the email. You'll notice the wallpaper around the window. The window opens not maximized, which is fine, but the top is of the window is not visible. Now here is another interesting fact, now bear in mind this is Office 2003 I'm running with IE 10 for Windows 7 on my Dell desktop.

Now I have the same version of Office 2003 and IE 10 for Windows 7 on my laptop, (which is a Toshiba Satellite). I checked to see if the problem occurs on my laptop and it does.

So it looks as though there is a compatibility issue with IE 10 and Office 2003.

Before my hard drive failed I was running windows XP with IE 8. No issues.

Anyway here is the image of the window.

Looks like a visit to the Microsoft IE 10 forums is in order or an upgrade of Microsoft Office.

0 Kudos

RE: Video Problems after installing Power Nap on Windows7

Jump to solution

Hi wla57,

Thank you for providing the image of the browser window for better understanding.

Yes, the issue is not with the window stretched and seems to be compatibility issue as the results are same on another laptop as well.

You may try to change the browser mode for the IE window to see if that helps.

Press <F12> and in the window that opens at the bottom of the page, click ‘Browser Mode’ to change the settings.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.   

Thanks & Regards
Kuldeep M
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
wla57
1 Copper

RE: Video Problems after installing Power Nap on Windows7

Jump to solution

Tried changing the browser mode. No change. It may help to note that this only occurs whine clicking on the email link when the browser is closed. When IE is already running, the issue does not occur. Also, I think the problem surfaced after a large windows automatic update recently. I'll just have to live with it until Microsoft discovers the bug or upgrade outlook. Of note: I am running office 2007 at my work with IE 10 for windows 7. No issues there. So it seems to be a Office 2003 thing, and from what I understand, Microsoft is discontinuing support for 2003 in the near future.

0 Kudos