Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2007 13:00

Video Very Choppy

I have the ATI 9000 Pro TV Tuner card and while watching tv, the picture is very choppy. My computer is the XPS 400 Pentium Dual Core Processor, 2GB of RAM, ATI X300 Video Card, 250 GB Hard Drive. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Rob

19 Posts

October 14th, 2007 05:00

Have you checked the Transfer Mode in channels in your IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers?  Make sure they are set to DMA and Current Transfer Mode is DMA.

10 Posts

October 14th, 2007 13:00

I checked and they are set on DMA. Do you have any other suggestions? I recently changed monitors and it seemed like the picture wasn't as choppy on my other monitor with this monitor. This is suppose to be a better monitor than my original. Could this have anything to do with the picture being choppy? I originally had a Samsung 941 monitor and now I have switched to a Dell 20in Ultrasharp monitor. Thanks for any help. Rob

19 Posts

October 14th, 2007 16:00

Not sure, but what about your graphics card?  Is it high end, or low end?  Can you try a different one?  Back to the channels, Primary and Secondary, the Transfer Mode and Current Transfer Modes all say either DMA or Not Applicable, right?  Nothing about PIO showing?

10 Posts

October 15th, 2007 00:00

They both say DMA. It could be my graphics card. It is a lower end card that came with the machine. ATI 128MB x300 card. Part of it is shared. I don't have another video card to try and see if that is it. The only weird thing is the old monitor wasn't this choppy. I don't know. I might try another video card. Thanks any way. Rob
No Events found!