kylarice
2 Bronze

Re: Video blacks out occasionally for a few seconds

Well, I went to the nVidea site and updated the driver to the Win7 64 bit (195.62) and now when I hit print, my computer not only goes black but I lose the desktop.  So its worse now and I don't know how to get it back to where it was.

Ok, now it seems to have straightened itself out and is working without blacking out.  Not sure why but for now its working.

Nope, its not working.  Video crashed and went into power save mode and refuse to come out.  This is frustrating.

0 Kudos
bear5
2 Bronze

I have updated my system with the latest driver from the nVidia website and it has resolved my problems.

0 Kudos
kylarice
2 Bronze

Did you uninstall your driver and then installed the new driver?  I saw somewhere that I should have uninstall the driver first. 

0 Kudos
bear5
2 Bronze

I installed the driver without performing an uninstall.  I did verify even after a reboot that the new driver was resident.   However, my problem was identical to the original positing. I believe you had indicated that you had a problem when trying to do a print preview.  I did not experience that problem.  

0 Kudos
angelofoz
2 Bronze

I'm having the same problem with my XPS 8000 and nVidia GT220.  I have reported it to Dell who were sending out an engineer to replace the card, after waiting for and not receiving a phone call to arrange time for the engineer I contacted dell again only to be told they have no GT220s in stock :(   Dell are supposed to be calling next week to update me

0 Kudos
kylarice
2 Bronze

I called Dell and they remotely messed around and updated the Bios and video drivers and called it good.  It was good until I hung up and the problems started over again.  I haven't called them back yet to say it didn't work.  How did you get straight to having the card replaced?

I went ahead and just turned off print preview since it seems my problems centers around the print preview window.  I'll see if I get any other problems.

0 Kudos
angelofoz
2 Bronze

A dell engineer is coming out within the next couple of hours to fix mine will let you know the outcome

0 Kudos
angelofoz
2 Bronze

Engineer came today, replaced my card with a new one, 15 minutes after he left the same error appeared..ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Engineer coming back out tomorrow to have a look and possibly reinstall w7?   But after googling the error, seems everyone has the same problem and nobody knows the fix :(

0 Kudos
wardd85
2 Bronze

I just got my Studio XPS 9000 on the 18th and also have the same exact problem....what monitors do yall have?

0 Kudos
angelofoz
2 Bronze

I have the SP2309, using the DVI cable

0 Kudos