Highlighted
Peter Leahey
1 Copper

Vista Directions Wrong?

MY C521 won't operate and it says Group User Account Control login invalid but everything I look for in Dell is wrong. It says use F8 to use the restore to factory default but there is no such option in the Advanced Boot window. How can Dell give an instruction which doesn't exist? I also have no software to use to restore since none came with the PC, which is my third PC since the other two didn't work one was new the other refurbished. Very shoddy!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hanspuppa
3 Cadmium

Re: Vista Directions Wrong?

MY C521 won't operate and it says Group User Account Control login invalid but everything I look for in Dell is wrong. It says use F8 to use the restore to factory default but there is no such option in the Advanced Boot window. How can Dell give an instruction which doesn't exist? I also have no software to use to restore since none came with the PC, which is my third PC since the other two didn't work one was new the other refurbished. Very shoddy!

Hello Peter Leahey,  HERE  is a link to the Dell site that provides information to restore the system using the Dell Vista DVD.

This is supposed to allow you to restore the system back to the original installation. You will loose all the data added to the system since you purchased it.

If you have no DVD, and the Dell Recovery Restore Utility is still intact, press the ctrl and the F11 key at the same time immediately when the system boots, and if all is well, it should enter the dell Recovery Restore Utility and allow you to put the system back as it was shipped.

This will only work if the Restore partition is not corrupted or removed.

Hope this helps.

8 Platinum

Re: Vista Directions Wrong?

You can request a set of backup discs containing the factory-installed operating system as well as the device drivers and utilities specific to your system from HERE.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell