Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 9th, 2005 17:00

Vivitar 3915 Digital Camera - USB device not being recognised

Have a Dimension 4600.  It is not recognising the above camera when plugged in via USB.  Have loaded cameras software etc but nothing.  Please help!

Lisa Saunders

17 Posts

April 10th, 2005 06:00

Hi M8

I had the same problem with my samsung digimax 401,i tried everything to get it to work but in the end it turn out to be a software conflict with Norton Anti virus 2003. I only found out when the subsciption ran out and uninstalled norton from my computer.I now run AVG antivirus and everything works fine, in fact i'd say my whole computer runs smoother and faster since i got rid of Norton.My computer is a Dell Dimension 2400. Try it!!!

Plant

639 Posts

April 11th, 2005 00:00

Hello there-Many times, using a USB media card reader can bypass many camera to computer interface problems. These card readers are very inexpensive, readers less than $20.USD are widely available, and can save wear and tear on your camera.

2 Posts

April 16th, 2005 17:00

Can you please recommend a device that can be purchased - I live in the UK - Would be really grateful for your help.

17 Posts

April 17th, 2005 07:00

Hi

Yes i bought a sandisk imagemate from Asda at £19.99.

It Works Fine but again have you checked that there is no software conflict stopping your camera from working?

Plant

• 

25.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2021 00:00

Hi there, We want to make sure your system is working fine and hence following up. Having said that, we do not want to disturb you with numerous messages. We will wait to hear from you to continue the conversation.
No Events found!