Highlighted
2 Bronze

Vostro 200 Realtek audio

I was quite happy with the witty post I had been typing up for the past 15 minutes. Then my 2 year old daughter grabs the mouse and hits the back button. Smiley Mad

New Vostro 200. Audio device drivers are not installing correctly. Removed all devices and drivers. Downloaded from Dell and reinstall. Still nothing. Removed everything again. Downloaded from Realtek. Still nada.

My first Vostro desktop. Normally with a new computer I wipe/clean install for my clients, but this machine was going to another state so I had it delivered directly to the client and connected remotely for configuration and software install. A clean install/repair install is not an option. Adding a cheap sound card is also not an option.

Thanks

Ted
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vostro 200 Realtek audio

tec805,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Did you first install the chipset drivers after you uninstalled all drivers? Edit you user profile within forum preferences and include the system service tag number for this system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Vostro 200 Realtek audio

The Intel chipset shouldn't have anything to do with the audio, but I downloaded and ran the installation anyway. No change.

Upon device detection of "Microsoft Kernal Wave Audio Mixer" and "Microsoft WinMM WDM Audio Compatibilty Driver" the Not Verified by Microsoft driver warning message is displayed. After telling it to continue the device is listed as "MEDIA" and an installation error message of "audio driver is not intended for this platform" is displayed. I have downloaded the XP driver (not 64 or Vista) for the soundchip. I have also manually run KB888111 "Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver" for XPsp2 just for fun.

In case I didn't make it clear in my original post - The Vostro 200 came with this problem on the Dell installed XP. This problem did not arise from any hardware or software upgrades.The computer has only made internal pc speaker beeps from the start. The only reason any drivers were downloaded was because of this problem.

Thanks

Ted
0 Kudos