Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2013 08:00

Vostro 200 ST CPU heatink/fan replacement

Hi,

I have a vostro 200 ST (slim tower) that is quite a few years old and would like to change the cpu heatsink/fan to something that is less noisy. Can anyone clarify what heatsinks/fans will fit without any modifications please. It's a socket 775 motherboard if i recall correctly.

Thanks

August 12th, 2013 19:00

Hi pritesh123,

We apologize as you’re facing issues with the Heatsink / Fan and looking for a change, I suggest you to try a couple of steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Please clean the air vents completely
2. Update the BIOS to the latest version which usually fixes the issue
3. To Update the BIOS, click on the link below to access the Dell Support site and search through Service tag / System type
http://dell.to/XULgT2

If incase these steps do not work, then please get in touch with Dell Spare Parts team on 1800-372-3355 (U.S Only), Or you can contact a local store or a technician who can check and make the changes accordingly.

Let us know if this helps.

August 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi pritesh123,

Thank you for your response,

It’s great to know that you’ve updated the BIOS and  also were able to remove the dust and after checking we’ve found a couple of Heatsink / fan’s which are compatible for your computer. Since you’re computer was shipped with Intel Celeron  / Intel Core 2 Duo processor and here are some heatsink / fan’s which will create low noise and provide greater functions. Please click on the link below to check the same, compare and you can install them accordingly.
http://bit.ly/16MSwnz

And

http://bit.ly/1eGjTAz

Before making any choice please go through the features and options for your computer and you might consider them to be better for your computer.

Do reply us back with your findings.

3 Posts

August 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi Munawar,

I have cleaned the fan/heatsink with compressed air and have removed as much dust as possible, the BIOS is already updated to the latest version.

Can you confirm what replacemet/aftermarket heatsinks/fans will work please. The issue is more to do with the noise produced by the fan, not the temperature itself.

Thanks

3 Posts

August 13th, 2013 04:00

Thanks Munawar,

Do you know if any of the following heatsinks are compatible, as it owuld be easier for me to order from a uk retailer.

www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=nb_sb_sabc

August 14th, 2013 04:00

Hi pritesh123,

Thank you for your response,

As per the Amazon website link that you’ve provided this has a couple of Heat sink / Fan’s which closely match our requirement for your computer.
On the previous post I’d suggested the Akasa Intel Aluminum Fin / Copper Core CPU Cooler which is available on Amazon website that you’ve asked for.
You can get the Akasa AK-CCE-7104EP Heatsink and Fan or Akasa AK-955V2 CPU Cooler - Intel LGA775 and LGA115x from Amazon website.

Let us know if this helps

No Events found!