Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 13th, 2016 11:00

Vostro 230 re-boots immediately after shutdown

When I shut down the Vostro 230 it re-boots by itself a few seconds later. I have to unplug the power lead to stop it re-starting. Any suggestions.

August 14th, 2016 21:00

Hi Dai999

Thanks for writing to us.

When did the issue start? Was there any hardware or software changes done recently?

Please update the video drivers and the BIOS from support.euro.dell.com--enter the tag#--submit--drivers and downloads--choose the operating system-

Let us know how it goes.

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

August 17th, 2016 16:00

Hi We are awaiting your response.

22 Posts

August 27th, 2016 09:00

Hi Hema and apologies for the delay in replying. I'm sending the information you requested by PM, but here are some answers as well:

The Vostro 230 has been in use for several years with Win 7 Pro. A year ago I upgraded it to Win 10 Pro and had no problems. The PC problem started by it refusing to start most times so I took it out of service. In my workshop it then powered-up with no problem and then started re-booting. Every driver, Win 10 etc has been kept uptodate except I did find the BIOS needed updating which I did but it made no difference to the re-booting. For info I support 50 Dell PCs of various ages (including Dimension E520s!) all with Win 10 with very few problems except this rogue. I'm guessing it has a faulty Motherboard or PSU that controls the switching action.

No Events found!