Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

June 30th, 2011 07:00

Vostro 320 no WebCam

Hi,

Can someone please help me.

At work they bought me a Vostro 320 however the webcam is not working. I can't find any drivers in relation to this PC.

Please Help!

:emotion-6:

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 30th, 2011 07:00

Drivers are on the Dell Support Site.

support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx

Chipset Drivers are Required for Devices to enumerate correctly.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R220549.exe

1 Message

August 26th, 2015 19:00

i have the latest drivers and still no webcam or mic please help

vastro 320 W7 

1 Message

May 4th, 2016 23:00

I had the same trouble initially when I was given a Vostro 320 from a business that was upgrading their system platforms.  I installed Microsoft Silverlight and the camera started working although the picture was small, approx. 1.5" x 2" 

This was unsatisfactory and but it told me that the camera was functional.  Now about 8 mos. after receiving this all-in-one, I was doing general support checks on Dell.com and stumbled across Dell Webcam Central.  What a difference. Good size, resolution, and some fun effects. It's a free download and has supporting help files.

Also, during the hardware scan that I was running, I had turned off the lights to rest while the scan completed and noticed afterward that the webcam had failed the test.  I re-ran that particular test again with room light and it passed.

I guess I'm suggesting doing the comprehensive scan and make sure that there is adequate ambient lighting near the camera. The scans have been most helpful to me in finding the little things that I would not have otherwise thought of to correct 'problems' with this unit.

Personally, I think that it is a fine machine. I would throw in there that it's too bad it's not being addressed for Windows 10 except that I think Windows 10 ***.  Anyway, I hope this will be of some help to you.

For a 7+ yr old machine, I am very pleased.  The comprehensive scan showed ALL items running at optimum levels.

No Events found!