Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 23rd, 2000 08:00

VxD vnetbios

Can anyone out there Help..... I have never had so much trouble with a PC in my entire life.

I have been speaking with technical support, where by I now have a system which has Autoexec.bat and config.sys as old files. I now when booting get 'a blue screen of death' where by i have to restart the machine on some occasions it is possible to launch straight into normal mode from the start up menu and other times the blue screen appears again.

Error VxD vnetbios

946 Posts

May 23rd, 2000 14:00

You may have a program that is not installed correctly or is interferring with bootup. Your antivirus is a good bet. I found an article in the Microsoft KB that may help. Click here.

May 23rd, 2000 18:00

Stephen
I have never had to use it - but a little while ago I found and downloaded a well established "fix" for the vxd "blue screen" problem you describe. I was going to include a link to the download page - but I cannot get it. The "fix" is in the form of a small batch file (with full instructions for install/uninstall). I have it on a zip file (23Kb) and, if you want to give it a try, e-mail me - through the links arrow on my sig.
Regards

1 Message

June 2nd, 2000 03:00

i dont' know computers very well, but when i was starting up my computer, it said something about VxD and something about overstack, what is all that stuff mean?
No Events found!