Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2011 21:00

Webcam problems - Studio One 1909

I have a problem with my webcam on my Studio One desktop 1909.

When I run webcam central I am informed that I must "close the other video streaming application to start video" to use the webcam.

I have just reinstalled Vista x86 using the Dell Factory Image Restore function and have installed Vista SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

4 Posts

March 6th, 2011 21:00

Webcam was found to be faulty and will be replaced under warranty.

The driver for this device is here - Studio One 19 Creative Webcam

Test with AMCap demo v1.3.11.2 (direct show)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 4th, 2011 19:00

six3one,

Did you load any other webcam devices or software? Go into Control Panel-Device Manager, find the Imaging devices for Integrated Webcam and double click it. Then verify the manufacturer is Creative Technologies Ltd on the General properties page. Is there anything else listed under Imaging Devices?

4 Posts

March 4th, 2011 23:00

No, there are no other web cam hardware or software installed.

Just completed factory image reinstall.  I did install Vista SP2.

I can confirm that the web cam is Creative.

I called support twice, but got nowhere. Each tech just asked me to uninstall the driver and web cam central and then re-install them.

It got me no where. I will try one more call on Monday, if that fails I'll just buy a logitech cam.

George

2 Posts

March 29th, 2016 10:00

I know this thread is over 5 years old but was hoping someone can direct me to to driver for this device as the link SIX3ONE posted is no longer good. I've been unable to find it on the Dell website. Thanks!

4 Posts

March 29th, 2016 16:00

Hey Brewing

My 1909 died a long time ago and I have deleted all the drivers.

I think the 1909 and the Inspiron Mini 10v 1011 shared the same Creative webcam (Part Number: F217N).

You could try this driver, but I cannot be sure it is the same one.

Creative Labs Intergrated Camera, v.1.04.01.0708, A03

2 Posts

March 30th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for quick reply and suggestion, especially when this thread is so old... unfortunately that driver did not work for the 1909 I'm working on.

No Events found!