Highlighted
chrall8
1 Copper

What graphics card to buy for dual monitor? Dell Inspiron 620

Hello - I recently bought a dell Inspiron 620 (i5) and would like to employ a 2 monitor set up. The machine only has one VGA port, and the monitors I have aren't equipped with hdmi, so from what I've read, I need to install a new video card. I went to new egg and here are literally thousands - really no idea where to start - can someone recommend what I should be looking for? I won't be doing any gaming - just need the extra real estate for basic office functions and some occasional photo editing software. Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chrall8
1 Copper

Re: What graphics card to buy for dual monitor? Dell Inspiron 620

I forgot to add - there is no dvi port.

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
5 Tungsten

Hello - I recently bought a dell Inspiron 620 (i5) and would like to employ a 2 monitor set up. The machine only has one VGA port, and the monitors I have aren't equipped with hdmi, so from what I've read, I need to install a new video card. I went to new egg and here are literally thousands - really no idea where to start - can someone recommend what I should be looking for? I won't be doing any gaming - just need the extra real estate for basic office functions and some occasional photo editing software. Thanks!

What you can do is look for a card with duel connectors, but if your monitor has only one vga port then you will need this HERE. But any card will do, how about this one HERE.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Visiontek HD5570 SFF 4-port VGA VHDCI 1 GB x16 PCIe Graphics Card (900366)

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos