Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2012 10:00

What graphics card to buy for dual monitor? Dell Inspiron 620

Hello - I recently bought a dell Inspiron 620 (i5) and would like to employ a 2 monitor set up. The machine only has one VGA port, and the monitors I have aren't equipped with hdmi, so from what I've read, I need to install a new video card. I went to new egg and here are literally thousands - really no idea where to start - can someone recommend what I should be looking for? I won't be doing any gaming - just need the extra real estate for basic office functions and some occasional photo editing software. Thanks!

2 Posts

May 13th, 2012 10:00

I forgot to add - there is no dvi port.

3.7K Posts

May 13th, 2012 15:00

Hello - I recently bought a dell Inspiron 620 (i5) and would like to employ a 2 monitor set up. The machine only has one VGA port, and the monitors I have aren't equipped with hdmi, so from what I've read, I need to install a new video card. I went to new egg and here are literally thousands - really no idea where to start - can someone recommend what I should be looking for? I won't be doing any gaming - just need the extra real estate for basic office functions and some occasional photo editing software. Thanks!

What you can do is look for a card with duel connectors, but if your monitor has only one vga port then you will need this HERE. But any card will do, how about this one HERE.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

May 16th, 2012 10:00

No Events found!