Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 4th, 2017 07:00

When I connect this server to my router by an ethernet cable, all other other computers connected (Hardwired or Wifi connected) disconnect themselves from the internet.

Hello:

I've been having an issue with my Dell XPS Desktop (Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V Ethernet card).

When I connect this server to my router by an ethernet cable, all other other computers connected (Hardwired or Wifi connected) disconnect themselves from the internet. I get the same response when I connect to the Wireless Wifi as well.

It happens only with this Desktop running Windows 10.

I was told to change the DNS address to the OPENDNS Addresses - I tried and I had no luck. I do not have the Ethernet card or the Desktop in powersave mode. They do not go to sleep when idle.

Can someone please make any suggestions. Any input from your end would be very much appreciated.

Kennedy

1.2K Posts

May 4th, 2017 23:00

more info please.

what router do you have?

how is everything connected?

start at your ISP ( DSL modem or cable modem) and work back to the router and then to devices.

9 Posts

May 5th, 2017 13:00

The router that I have is a Comcast/Xfinity Router. The modem and router are both bundled into the same unit. There are 4 ethernet ports - one of which has this Dell XPS connected. I have 3 other computers hardwired to the other port. I also have a couple of Apple laptops connected over WiFi to this router. All of them work when the Dell XPS is not connected. The moment I connect my DEll XPS either by an ethernet cable or over the WiFi, all the devices drop their connection from the network... I get all kinds of DNS errors on the browsers.

9 Posts

May 5th, 2017 13:00

Thanks for responding Dan-H

I appreciate you taking the time to understand and help.

No Events found!