Highlighted

When I pause a video my speakers start to give a loud, droning, static-like noise

I have a Dell Inspiron 7778.

When I have my external speakers plugged in to my laptop I am able to play videos and it sounds great.

When I pause the videos for more than a few seconds my speakers start emitting a loud, static-like noise that doesn't stop until I resume the video.

This sound is very annoying.

Can you please help me fix the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: When I pause a video my speakers start to give a loud, droning, static-like noise

I have reported the same thing on my 7779.  I have not found a way to stop it, although it does not appear to happen all the time, but you might try opening the Recording dialog windows from the speaker icon.  It seems on my system if I open the voice reorder or that recording dialog, the buzzing stops.

Different drivers don't seem to help since it is related to the combined audio port and I am guessing it is related to the connections since they are sensed electronically.  It may be something in the Waves MaxxAudioPro which seems to handle those connections.

The latest Audio driver from Dell is from the 6th or 7th of December, which I am not running.  It may update Waves but if you are already running it, then that is all I could even think of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos