Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2013 15:00

Where is bundled software located on new XPS?

I recently purchased a XPS 8700 WIN 8.0 that only came with a driver disk. I had PowerDVD software installed as bundled software. The first time I ran it last week, it suggested I get the free updates. When I downloaded the updates, PowerDVD would not install. I got no help from CyberMedia and I have been waiting a week for a reply from Dell Support. I just want to know, how can I reinstall what I had originally? I believe it was version 10. Since newer computers do not come with software discs, it must be on the hard drive. When I go to the Dell Support website to download the software, I just get stuck and no preinstalled software shows up under my service tag. Ideas??

1 Message

December 9th, 2013 11:00

You will have to redo the system.  Restart the system and press the F8 key. Everything that was on the hard drive will be re-installed.   

8 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 12:00

I assume everything I have added to the hard drive will then be wiped out? If so, It isn't worth it. Thanks anyway.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

December 23rd, 2013 16:00

You could try a System Restore to last date available before you tried to update. (NOTE: NOT a System Reset or System Refresh)

Restore shouldn't affect personal files but always good to back up on external media first.

Read this.

8 Posts

December 24th, 2013 14:00

I'll give it a try. But I'm not sure I have a restore point that far back.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 24th, 2013 15:00

If you purchased it as additional software when you customised your system prior to purchase the installer should be available from the Dell Digital Delivery Application:

http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01697861M/69/DellDigitalDelivery.2.7.1000.0_setup_ZPE.exe

Otherwise if it was prebundled without additional/optional purchase, it should be in My Dell Downloads:

https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fweb%2fmain.aspx

Use 32 Bit Internet Explorer on the desktop when using My Dell Downloads.

8 Posts

December 29th, 2013 13:00

I had no luck earlier with Dell Downloads - the site didn't work right - I just keep getting caught in loops that don't take me anywhere.  I only tried Firefox & IE  - but I don't know if it was 32 bit or 64 bit. I am guessing 64 bit. How can I tell what version I am running?? About IE doesn't specify 32 or 64 bit. But I do have a 64 bit system.Why is the website so picky anyway??

BTW, out of frustration I went online and purchased the software outright. So now I am just trying to figure this problem out....

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 29th, 2013 18:00

Launch iexplore.exe from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer folder.

8 Posts

January 13th, 2014 09:00

Still no luck with IE 32-bit. I go to the download center, they ask me to sign in, I do, then I'm back to the start page, they ask to sign in, I do, then it's back to start again.

No Events found!