Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2014 15:00

Why aren't my headphones recognized?

Yesterday, I bought a, Inspirion 3847 with Windows 8 as the OS. The only problem I'm having is that my headphones and speakers are being recognized as the same device. Basically, I have the speakers in the back audio port and the headset (mic+headphones) in the front audio port. However, looking in the Audio Devices menu (by right clicking the speaker icon) shows only "Speakers" being detected. I know that the headphones are working because I can hear audio through them. Also, whenever I unplugged the speakers completely, they were still listed in Audio Devices, but the sound was coming from the headphones. Another thing is that the mic is detected on the headset while the headphones are not.

This is a problem for me because I like to have a Skype call going through my headphones while the game sound goes through the speakers. However, I can't do this because the headphones are not listed in Audio Devices. The same thing happens when I unplug the headset headphones and plug in a separate pair. What can I do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

No Responses!
No Events found!