Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 22:00

Windows 10 Realtek "HD Audio" Horrible Quality

Hi all, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10, and came to find out when I went to listen to my music that the bass sounded absolutely horrible (rattling and sounding like a broken speaker - and I assure you, my speakers are not broken). Days before my upgrade I tinkered with all of the settings in iTunes and on the computer and found the perfect sound for these built in speakers, so I am very disappointed that such beauty was ultimately destroyed by a new (supposedly better) driver - which was literally updated yesterday (7/30).

I am very frustrated with this situation and have tried to roll back the driver to the original and update and uninstall, and nothing seems to have that good sound that my new XPS 15 had even before any settings or levels were changed. So is anyone else having this problem, or am I the only one? I have researched the problem and have found absolutely nothing. And if you know what's wrong, is it on my part and a matter of changing settings, or has RealTek totally screwed over their newest update?

August 2nd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

I am using the Dell XPS 15 L502x and facing the same issue. After windows 10 upgrade the sound is horrible and there is too much base. I tried downloading the drivers from the Mediatek website but still there is no improvement. Would really like to get back the original sound from the JBL speakers for which the XPS series is well known for.

Regards

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 17:00

I actually figured it out... Though, when the bass does get VERY loud, it is still distorted. But I reinstalled the BIOS from Dell and then the quality got much better, but still, not as good as it should be. So you may want to try that. We will just have to wait until another audio driver comes out for the best quality I'm afraid.

August 18th, 2015 21:00

I have the exact same problem. I've tried installing a variety of different drivers which helps a little but it ultimately sounds nowhere near as good. 

I am experiencing the same broken speaker bass rattling sound and it also has a lot of static in general at higher volumes. 

I will try reinstalling the BIOS. But I am hoping there is just a better driver soon. 

47 Posts

January 26th, 2017 06:00

Please refer to this to fix the issue with your audio, this will help fix the rattling noises in your speakers and gain more low range bass:               (I had this issue before and this fixed it for me)

en.community.dell.com/.../20003618

No Events found!