Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DY

February 26th, 2017 14:00

Windows 10 desktop screen flicker error, monitior keeps turning on and off as soon as i push the power button

I just got a dell optiplex 780 with a nvidia grapihcs card and i get this screen flicker issue when it boots up
the monitior turns on and off over and over agian and i cant get anything done. How do i stop it from doing
that? When it boots up, i mash the f8 and f2 key till i get a white screen with a list of options and i go to
virtualazation or something and there is three options, one is disabled and requires other check boxes to be
check but i'm not sure which ones to check and i hit apply and everything works fine (sometimes now it jst
flickers.) but when i restart it i get the same problem and have to go through the same problem agian. the
only way to see anything on the screen is to rip the graphics card out and everything is fine but i need the
graphics card to work cause i want to set it up to make "adult" rated stuff. any updates makes this machine
do it more. Any awsners guys?

Link to the machine:Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and
more - Newegg.com

System specs: Dell Optiplex 780 Tower Desktop Pc
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz)
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Memory: 500GB DVD
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4GB Graphics GPU/VGA T

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 27th, 2017 04:00

You cant use onboard VGA with a video card.

This is not supported.

February 28th, 2017 09:00

I know that, i plugged it in to the graphics card.

I found the scource of the problem, it is when i press f2 and f8 till a sceen pops up and says Dell inc. dell optiex 780 along the top blue bar, i go to virtualizon suppot and down a list of three options, i select trusted execution check the "enable Intel Trusted Execution Technology. This fixes the error and the screen stops flashing and works like a normal monitior would. sometimes it keeps flashing, sometimes it works almost instantly. But it fixes it a couple minutes after logging in. Anyone know how i can keep that checkbox i mentioned quotes checked permantly? Anything helps guys, thank you for your time. :D

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 28th, 2017 10:00

Older cards from NVIDIA and ATI use LEGACY drivers which means you are likely using the default VGA driver and have no video accelleration. The other problem may be that you have a power supply issue.

February 28th, 2017 12:00

How do i swich the drivers and enable video acceleration?

No Events found!