Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2010 10:00

Windows 7 Ultimate on DELL DG50P1J

Hi,

I let myself get talked into installing Win7Ult on this Dell, service tag above. I've already ordered more RAM. But what concerns me most is that I cannot find a driver for the DVD/CD-ROM. Anywhere. If you've been through this already, could you tell me the driver please. Windows Update and Driver Update both give me the same driver. On installation, a little yellow ! appears on the driver. It doesn't work. Ideas, please ?

Thanks,

mart42

288 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 10:00

There are no drivers needed for your optical drives. The drivers are generic loads included with the windows operating system. What error is showing that you need drivers for?

75 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 12:00

Try running a "Windows Update" to see if Microsoft has published updated drivers for your PC.

As the other poster said, you really shouldn't need to do much as most of the current hardware drivers & chipsets are embedded with the installation media.

5 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 12:00

Hi,

If I go into "Computer" off the desktop, there is no icon for my DVD/CD-ROM. There used to be.

Going into Device Manager, there is a driver listed that was put on by "Update Driver", but it has a small yellow question mark on it.

Device Manager seems to think that I need a driver.

Does this help ?

Martin

5 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 14:00

Thanks for your help. Windows Update is up-to-date. I tried Device Manager, but instead of updating on the net, tried updating on my own system. It started to download a driver and then bombed out, Code 39. So now I'm looking to correct that. I tried a program off the net, "Error Expert" I think it was called. Promised to allow you to correct one corrupted file, but when it got down to it, it wanted money. That's the state of play so far.

bw,

Mart42

No Events found!