Highlighted
bogart9266
1 Copper

Windows Vista Home Premium for Dell Studio Hybird 140g

Jump to solution

I need help please...I am using "Windows Mail" and I keep getting this message that says "Bounced Message Notification, bytes in the mailbox!! A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender (bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded."  Well I'm not very computer literate but I have deleted just about every folder in my mail box and have deleted the waste basket too.  I am down to almost no mail at all and no mail with any attachments.  I have only 14 messages in my "in box", 12 in my "saved" and just a few more in a couple other folders and its telling me the same thing after I deleted almost everything.  I am at a loss and don't know what to do.  I ran a virus scan and a boot scan and everything came up clean?  Does anyone have any suggestions other than a sledge hammer???  I can send email but cannot receive any.  I will check back to see if anyone replies & thank you for your time...

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Windows Vista Home Premium for Dell Studio Hybird 140g

Jump to solution

Hi bogart9266,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. It seems that the issue is with the server mailbox itself instead of ‘Windows Mail’. I would suggest you to log in to your e-mail account from a web browser like I.E. and clean the mailbox from there.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos
bogart9266
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Amogh G.,

Thank you so much for your help and suggestion...it worked!  I had no idea that I needed to go into my email account via the internet and clean out my mail that way.  I will definitely be doing that on a regular basis from now on.  I just finished this task.  It took me 3 hours to complete but well worth the time.  Again, THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi bogart9266,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. I hope everything is working fine now.

Feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos