Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 16th, 2013 00:00

Windows Vista Home Premium for Dell Studio Hybird 140g

I need help please...I am using "Windows Mail" and I keep getting this message that says "Bounced Message Notification, bytes in the mailbox!! A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender (bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded."  Well I'm not very computer literate but I have deleted just about every folder in my mail box and have deleted the waste basket too.  I am down to almost no mail at all and no mail with any attachments.  I have only 14 messages in my "in box", 12 in my "saved" and just a few more in a couple other folders and its telling me the same thing after I deleted almost everything.  I am at a loss and don't know what to do.  I ran a virus scan and a boot scan and everything came up clean?  Does anyone have any suggestions other than a sledge hammer???  I can send email but cannot receive any.  I will check back to see if anyone replies & thank you for your time...

1.5K Posts

October 16th, 2013 01:00

Hi bogart9266,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. It seems that the issue is with the server mailbox itself instead of ‘Windows Mail’. I would suggest you to log in to your e-mail account from a web browser like I.E. and clean the mailbox from there.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further assistance.

2 Posts

October 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi Amogh G.,

Thank you so much for your help and suggestion...it worked!  I had no idea that I needed to go into my email account via the internet and clean out my mail that way.  I will definitely be doing that on a regular basis from now on.  I just finished this task.  It took me 3 hours to complete but well worth the time.  Again, THANK YOU!!!

1.5K Posts

October 17th, 2013 05:00

Hi bogart9266,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. I hope everything is working fine now.

Feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!