Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2017 03:00

Windows cant recognize Speakers or Headphones on Dell T3500

Hey guys,
I have a Dell T3500 PC running windows 7 which used to work perfectly until a few days ago, I had to reset BIOS cause my PC wasn't booting up. That did fix it, however i lost audio in Windows. No matter what i do, windows cant recognize any headphones or speakers plugged in the front or the back 3.5mm jack. Same goes for microphones etc. Ive tried:
Reinstalling Windows
Installing the Dell OEM Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio (Never worked, "Your hardware is not supported error")
Clean install of Windows 10
Booting in Safe mode
Dell Audio Diagnostics (returned with an error)
BIOS update to A17 from A10

The front and the back USB ports work just fine.
Ive tried to look into BIOS to see if any onboard audio settings have been disabled, but i only found one checkbox "Audio" under miscellaneous devices. Which was already enabled.

Specs:
Intel Xeon W3550
Amd R7 360
8GB RAM
No sound card etc.

Really appreciate any help, thanks alot!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 14th, 2017 05:00

Windows 10 will NOT recognize Older Drivers without installing Older patches.  This system can also come with a PCI-E Soundcard.   You cant use Analog Devices Soundmax with a creative labs sound card like that installed. You have to install Directx June 2010 patch as well as Add features back to windows specifically DOT NET 3.5 and Legacy Direct play.  After all this Junk you uninstall the audio driver and reboot.  Then REINSTALL Audio Driver as administrator.

You have to install Legacy Direct play and DX9 and DX10 drivers from the Directx June 2010 patch.

You download the file and extract to a folder then run DXSETUP.EXE as administrator.

Before previous drivers will work in windows7 or 8 or 10 you have to enable legacy features like DOTNET 2.0 3.5  and Directshow.  You must then install DIRECTX JUNE 2010 DRIVERS by downloading the file and extracting into a folder and running DXSETUP.exe.

Directx June 2010 which you download and extract to a FOLDER then run DXsetup.exe as administrator.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

in control panel, all control panel items,  programs and features, Turn windows features on and off.  You have to be ONLINE when you do this because it will insist on downloading from the internet.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Enable dotnet 2.0 3.5

enable legacy direct play

Install Directx June 2010 Patch.

Legacy audio APIs such as DirectSound, DirectShow, and the waveOutXxx functions enable applications to get and set the volume levels of audio streams.

Windows Media Source Filter. This behavior was maintained to ensure backward compatibility with applications that used the Windows Media Player 6.4. New applications should use the newer versions of QASF, which make the WM ASF Reader filter the default filter for playing ASF files.

For more information on the Windows Media suite of software development kits, see the Audio and Video section of the MDSN Library.

Description Supported OS Download
Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated High Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated High Definition Audio Driver and is supported on Precision and OptiPlex that are running the following Windows Operating System: Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio Driver
This package provides the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio Driver and is supported on the OptiPlex, Precision and Latitude models that are running the following Windows Operating System: Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 64-bit

September 14th, 2017 08:00

Hey, thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately it did not work.

I enabled DotNet 2.0 3.5 and legacy directplay in programs and features, then installed DX June 2010 patch. Uninstalled my current audio driver (AMD High Definition Audio) and restarted my PC, ran the Dell drivers as administrator and it gave me the same error. "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware." However i did notice when i restarted my PC, there was another audio driver "High Definition Audio" in device manager. I suppose thats the default windows driver, and it comes back whenever i uninstall it and restart.

No Events found!